New 1 & 2 Family

Before You Apply

Contractors applying for permits to construct or alter one & two-family residences must have both the Dwelling Contractor Certification and Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification issued by the State of Wisconsin, Department of Commerce-Credentialing.


Information Required for Paper Building Permit Application



Decks, patios, porches, etc. must be shown on survey and building plans provided if applicable.

Erosion Control must be in place and inspected before the building permit is issued. Contact a Zoning & Inspections Technician at 262-532-8278 or request your silt fence inspection online


Living, basement, garage area
Plan Review Fee
Erosion Control Permit
Refundable Building Deposit

State Building Seal
Occupancy Permit
Address Tiles
.30¢/sq. ft.

$19.03 + $0.97 tax

Possible Additional Fees:

PRD Planned Residential Development $50 per unit
Impact Fees: Sewer $2,754 - Water $2,957 - Park $2,334 - Fire $1,690  
Contact Building Inspection Dept for Additional Information Related to These Fees.