New 1 & 2 Family
Before You Apply
Contractors applying for permits to construct or alter one & two-family residences must have both the Dwelling Contractor Certification and Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification issued by the State of Wisconsin, Department of Commerce-Credentialing.
Information Required for Building Permit Application
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Digital set of plans legible and drawn to scale or dimensioned (one set must be developer-approved if in subdivision, letter from developer is also acceptable)
- Original survey w/ stamp
- Survey w/ erosion control
- Signed & dated energy Analysis (heat calculations w/furnace model # and size)
- Sanitary permit (if Required)
:Decks, patios, porches, etc. must be shown on survey and building plans provided if applicable.
Erosion Control must be in place and inspected before the building permit is issued. Contact a Zoning & Inspections Technician at 262-532-8278 or request your silt fence inspection using the online form.
|Living, Basement, Garage Area||$0.30/sqft|
|Plan Review Fee||$175|
|Erosion Control Permit||$120|
|Refundable Building Deposit||$1,000|
|State Building Seal||$40|
|Address Tiles||$19.03 + $0.97 tax|
Possible Additional Fees
|PRD (Planned Residential Development)||$50/unit|
|Sewer Impact Fee||$2,837|
|Water Impact Fee||$3,046|
|Park Impact Fee||$2,404|
|Fire Impact Fee||$1,741|
Contact Building Inspection Department for additional information related to these fees.